Double Ginger Stout Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting
- Nelson Farms Double Ginger Stout Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 6 fl oz of any stout beer
- 4.5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4-5 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Irish Cream liquor
For Whiskey Ganache Filling (Optional)
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 tsp Irish whiskey
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Beat in vegetable oil.
- Add 6 fl oz of any stout beer and blend well.
- Sprinkle contents of bag over and mix just until blended. Do not over-beat.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Ganache filling (optional)
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer over a double boiler. Remove from heat and add chocolate and let sit 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter and whiskey and stir until smooth. It will harden as it cools.
- Use a serrated knife to remove a quarter-sized hole from the center of each cupcake.
- Use a teaspoon or very small ice cream scoop to fill hole with ganache. If the ganache gets too hard to work with, put over a bowl of warm water for several minutes. Let cool before frosting.
- Combine all ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cupcakes. Store extra frosting in refrigerator.