Taste of Home shared this fantastic recipe on their website. Try it with our Old Fashioned Chili Sauce!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1 jar Nelson Farms Old Fashioned Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10-12 cloves garlic minced
- 4 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken on a greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Freeze option: Freeze chicken with 1-1/2 cups marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze reserved marinade in a freezer container. To use, thaw chicken with marinade and the reserved marinade in refrigerator overnight. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill as directed, basting with reserved marinade.