Nelson Farms’ FDA inspected kitchen facility is available for use through a Shared Use Agreement.
Our commercial facility is available to local users on a contract or time-share basis. The facility gives users access to production-scale food processing equipment in an inspected environment. Shared Use clients provide their own ingredients, staff for the production, and has the option to order bottles through Nelson Farms (bottle selection list is available upon request). Nelson Farms provides one trained team member to setup, assist with production, and supervise cleanup following production.
What are the advantages of producing my product in a Shared Use Facility?
- Equipment is suitable for smaller market-testing batch sizes, as well as larger batches.
- Product can always be fresh for farmer’s markets, etc.
What is required in order to use Nelson Farms’ kitchen?
- Client must apply for and receive their 20-C Food Processing License.
- Complete a food safety certification program. Available through Nelson Farms here: https://nelsonfarms.org/courses/20-c-food-processing-education-course/
- Coordinate productions with Nelson Farms staff.
- Provide proof of product liability insurance.
Contact us for pricing information or an application.