Strawberry shortcake, bite-sized!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 20 sliders (approx.)
- 1 package Nelson Farms Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- 1 quart strawberries washed and cut into slices
- 2 cups stabilized whipped cream
Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled thoroughly
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3-4 Tbsp. water in a small microwaveable bowl
For Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- Chill bowl and beaters before starting. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks adding powdered sugar and vanilla while whipping. Turn off mixer.
- In a separate small bowl soften gelatin in water; you need to warm this mixture to dissolve, about 3 seconds in the microwave. Don’t make it too hot. Cool slightly and drizzle into the whipped cream with mixer running. Beat to stiff peaks. This whipped cream will hold up for 1 to 2 days. Can be used to frost cakes or cupcakes as well.
- Prepare muffin mix according to package instructions and drop dough into mini-muffin tins. Bake 14 to 16 minutes at 400°F. Remove and cool.
- Cut each muffin in half crosswise. Put a small dollop of whipped cream on bottom half. Layer with strawberry slice and more whipped cream. Top with the muffin top. Holding the top, insert a toothpick to hold together. Stand upright on a platter and serve.